Application for the 2021-2022 edition of the Joint Japan World Bank graduate scholarship program is currently ongoing. The program is to be taking at any of the partnering universities in Japan, the USA, or African countries. The World Bank program is open to only students of World Bank members considered as developing countries.
Applicants of the program must meet some eligibility criteria to be considered for the graduate scholarship program. One of such criteria requires students who would take the program in either Japan or the US to return back to their countries at the completion of the program so that they can apply their knowledge towards the development of their countries.
This is a fully-funded program designed to cover all your costs of study such as tuition, air travel cost to and from your choice study destination, health insurance, monthly allowance, and other relevant study costs. If you think you have what it takes to study at the highest level, then this scholarship program might just be the starting point for you.
Also see: Robert S. McNamara Phd Research Fellowship
Read on to learn about the complete details of the program below;
Host University/ Country – Can be taken in Japan, USA, as well as other African countries
Academic level – Master’s degree
Discipline – fields of study that contribute to the development of a nation. See the official page for the list
Scholarship Award – Fully funded scholarship
Nationality – International students whose countries are members of the World Bank. See the list on the official site
To be eligible for this scholarship, interested applicants are expected to meet the following criteria;
- Must be a citizen of a World Bank member developing country
- Must not be considered a dual citizen of two countries
- Expected to have a sound health
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor degree a relevant field and willing to pursue a master’s degree program
- Must have completed your Bachelor degree in the last three years
- Must have at least 3 years working experience in a career that has to with self and national development
- Must be fluent in the use of the English language
May 21, 2021 (annually)
How to apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the official scholarship webpage to learn the full scholarship details and apply accordingly.